Re: Eclipse 3.0 Running ILLEGALY on Kaffe

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 10:21:23PM -0500, Walter Landry wrote:
> > The kernel has an exemption.  This has been pointed out more than
> > once.
>
> Irrelevant:

You seem to be missing the point.  Someone pointed out that my
interpretation would require all programs to be GPL compatible.  I
pointed out an exemption.

<snip>

> > > The other VMs are on that CD, because they are in main already.
>
> As I said before "... it doesn't matter."
>
> > There are no JVM's on that CD that will run Eclipse.
>
> Irrelevant.

It is relevant if you are trying to satisfy all of the dependencies
for Eclipse in main.  I am not quite sure what you are responding to.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu