Slashem licensing terms

Hello Henning,

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 12:36:05AM +0000, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Yes. All authors who claim copyright in a source file should be
> credited in the Debian copyright file, together with the exact
> statement of license they issued.
I tried to learn be looking at how you do this in your own packages.
Some questions occured to me:

1) The debian/copyright file of slashem-0.0.7E6F3-4 contains
the phrase

    Upstream Authors: Warren 'WACko' Cheung (wac@intergate.bc.ca)
		      J. Ali Harlow (j_ali@users.sourceforge.net)
		      and others.

Is this (not explicitely mentioning all the authors) a bug, then?

2) The source file src/pline.c contains the header

    /*      SCCS Id: @(#)pline.c    3.4     1999/11/28      */
    /* Copyright (c) Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam, 1985. */
    /* NetHack may be freely redistributed.  See license for details. */

Shouldn't the last two lines of this be in the debian/copyright file?
Is the absence of these a bug?

3) This is kind of off-topic, but while I'm learning stuff about licenses
I should learn this too: the copyright file contains something called the
"NETHACK GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE".  It states for example

      3. You may copy and distribute NetHack (or a portion or
    derivative of it, under Paragraph 2) in object code or executable
    form under the terms of Paragraphs 1 and 2 above provided that you
    also do one of the following: ...

Does this somehow magically imply the right to distribute slashem?  Or
do we get this from some other part of the license?

All the best and many thanks for your advice,
Jochen
--
http://seehuhn.de/