Re: Computer Associates Trusted Open Source License

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 09:17:06AM -0500, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 01:32:20PM +0000, Brett Parker wrote:
> > Looks reasonable to me, the only thing that caught my eye was that
> > there's no choice of venue for legal action
>
> Choice of venue is widely (not quite unanimously) considered non-free,
> so I'm curious: why are you suggesting that *lack* of choice of venue
> is a problem?

Ah, maybe I misunderstood that then ;)

> > and that legal action can
> > not occur until 1 year after the piece of code has entered the program
>
> "No Recipient will bring a legal action under this License more than one year
> after the cause of action arose."  That says that legal action must happen
> within one year of infringement, not that it must wait for one year.  I
> don't know if that's free or not; I also have no idea if it's enforcable.

OK - maybe I read that bit wrong then, it was a rather quick read
through. I'm not sure that that's enforcable, but it seems an odd thing
for a licence to hold.

Sorry for my mis-reading of that. Thanks for putting me on the straight
and narrow.
--
Brett Parker