Re: Computer Associates Trusted Open Source License

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 02:34:24PM +0200, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:

> Computer Associates released Ingres under this license:
>
> http://opensource.ca.com/projects/ingres/
> http://www3.ca.com/Solutions/Collateral.asp?CID=61384
>
> Is this really free software license? If it is, who will package Ingres,
> then?

Looks reasonable to me, the only thing that caught my eye was that
there's no choice of venue for legal action, and that legal action can
not occur until 1 year after the piece of code has entered the program
(I assume this is to give time to remove the code, not sure though).

IANAL, though, so I could be wrong.

Thanks,
--
Brett Parker