Re: Computer Associates Trusted Open Source License

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 01:32:20PM +0000, Brett Parker wrote:
> Looks reasonable to me, the only thing that caught my eye was that
> there's no choice of venue for legal action

Choice of venue is widely (not quite unanimously) considered non-free,
so I'm curious: why are you suggesting that *lack* of choice of venue
is a problem?

> and that legal action can
> not occur until 1 year after the piece of code has entered the program

"No Recipient will bring a legal action under this License more than one year
after the cause of action arose."  That says that legal action must happen
within one year of infringement, not that it must wait for one year.  I
don't know if that's free or not; I also have no idea if it's enforcable.

--
Glenn Maynard