Re: Draft summary of Creative Commons 2.0 licenses (version 2)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:37:49 -0500 Evan Prodromou wrote:

> Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to this email; I've been on my
> honeymoon in remote places.

I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon!  :)

> I had a few wording fixes suggested in off-list email by various
> -legal members. In addition, there were some very good suggestions for
> making the licenses acceptable for Debian.

This is very good news!
I suppose you're of course referring to those CC licenses that actually
*may* be made DFSG-free without undergoing a major change in goals (in
other words: CC-by and CC-by-sa)...

> I've been contacted by people at Creative Commons who'd like to have a
> telephone conference to go over the draft. I think they're open to our
> suggestions, if we can stay focused on particulars.

Let's hope for the best!

> Right now, I think
> this is going to have to happen in late Jan. I'm running behind on a
> lot of things. I'm not even sure how we'd set up a debian-legal
> telecon.

I really wonder if this is possible at all: there may be issues with
time-zones, mother-tongues, lack of time to think of appropriate
answers...
Are we sure that this cannot absolutely be managed through a mailing
list, as usual?

> I *will* try to send out a "final" version of the summary this wknd.

Great, I'm looking forward to reading it!
Thanks again for your time!  :)

--
          Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
  Francesco Poli                             GnuPG Key ID = DD6DFCF4