Re: cc me on reply Package The Golden Arches

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 11:57:37PM -0500, Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:
> These gray areas are a product of your imagination and your lack of
> understanding of copyright and trademark law.  There's nothing even
> remotely sketchy about depicting real items in art or in freely
> licensing the result.

So package the Golden Arches.  Like I said -- it's the intellecutal and
creative laziness of including them.  I can't imagine why anybody would
*want* to look at them.  How deriviative and uninspired.

Plus it's icky to see people get away with anything they can possibly
get away with WRT intellecutal property.  Create brand new things and
give them away.  Create a new and exciting image of a lighter, just
don't hold up your Bic and trace it.

It's mostly disappointing.