Re: mozilla thunderbird trademark restrictions / still dfsg free?

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005, Francesco Poli wrote:
> On 06 Jan 2005 01:30:02 GMT MJ Ray wrote:
> > Using MF's trademarks seems to require some sort of licence to
> > be granted specifically to debian and not to its users. That
> > seems not to follow DFSG 7 or 8, doesn't it?
>
> At present, it seems we really *need* to replace MoFo trademarked
> names and logos in order to satisfy the DFSG. Sad but true.  :-(

And even if one were to ignore the DFSG, I'd be surprised if the
maintainers were willing to agree to the type of restrictions
necessary to even use them.

I know if I were maintaining it, I would be very worried that the
trademark license would be pulled or similar, and I would be in the
very wierd position of trying to pull the packages from a stable
release and dealing with all of the problems that that would cause for
the users of the packages.

Don Armstrong

--
Quite the contrary; they *love* collateral damage. If they can make
you miserable enough, maybe you'll stop using email entirely. Once

Craig Dickson <crdic@pacbell.net>