Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

@ 10/05/2004 21:56 : wrote Anthony DeRobertis :

2) The GFDL says that invariant sections must be secondary sections. (This seems to confuse people; I believe the -legal archives contain an instance where the FSF had a non-secondary invariant section. But this isn't a freeness problem in itself, just a gotcha.)

About this, I must say: I think this (invariant sections must be secondary) applies only to derivative works (because the original copyright holder has The Power). What would render the documents containing primary-invariants effectively unmodifiable, because you can't remove the invariant, and you can't distribute a modified version with primary-invariants. Heheh. Hell of a gotcha, unh?

--
br,M