Re: mozilla thunderbird trademark restrictions / still dfsg free ?

Alexander Sack <asac@jwsdot.com> writes:

> freebird - ...thunderbird
> freefox - ... firefox
> freezilla - ... mozilla
>
> Naming the packages like this would emphasize that we want to be free
> and not reigned by trademarks.

That's a really good idea.  I'm not sure, but it looks from previous
messages like you've been communicating with Mozilla Project people
about this.  Can you get some of them to agree that these are not
confusingly similar names, to be very clear that they're not likely to
complain later?

Frankly, I'd expect them to be pissed.  They are trying to write free
software, after all -- so the implication that the Debian versions are
*really* Free and what Mozilla's distributing aren't is likely to be
difficult to swallow.

-Brian