Re: Is the xdebug's non-free license necessary?

Hi!

* Jan Minar <jjminar@FastMail.FM> [041219 20:04]:

> AFAICT, the only non-free section is:
>
> <quote href="http://www.xdebug.org/license.php";>
> 4. Products derived from this software may not be called "Xdebug", nor
> may "Xdebug" appear in their name, without prior written permission from
> derick@xdebug.org.
> </quote>

Citing Debian Free Software Guidelines [1]:
=====
4. Integrity of The Author's Source Code
[..] The license may require derived works to carry a different name or
version number from the original software. [..]
=====

I didn't looked at the rest of the license, but I don't think this point
renders xdebug non-free.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander