Re: mass bug filing for unmet dependencies

Brian Thomas Sniffen writes:

> Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> writes:
>
> > "We do it that way because that's the way we do it"?  The SC is
> > specifically not limited to software; that was what GR 2004-003 was
> > about, and that was an editorial change: it was supposed to clarify
> > the meaning, not change it.
>
> This appears to be a grave distortion of the truth.  GR 2004-003 was
> about making clear that the SC is about all software, not just
> programs.

The details[1] of the proposal that passed are pretty clear: It
removes the word "software" from a number of places, replacing it with
"works," although it replaces "software" with "components" in the
first section.  There are 174 DDs who agreed with that change; none
offered an alternative wording that matches your description.

[1]- http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/social_contract_reform.3

Michael Poole