Re: non-free firmware: driver in main or contrib?

Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> writes:
> Not at all.  If you fill the block with random data, the driver will
> continue to do what you expect and what you can follow by reading its
> source code.  It is the device that will not perform and that will not
> live up to its end of the interface.  That is why I referred earlier
> to a hypothetical device that ignored the firmware you send to it.

So if I have a program which loads a library, and replace the library
with random data, the program will continue to do what I expect and
what I can follow by reading its source.  It is the library that will
not perform, not living up to its end of the interface?

Your arguments seem to lack an internal consistency.

-Brian