Re: a legal problem with 'filters' in germany

On 2004-10-22 18:24:02 +0100 martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:

please refer to #277794. One single line needs to be erased from the
package because otherwise, the package is unconstitutional in
Germany (and Austria). [...]

For other -legal contributors, this involves a comedy text filter ("kraut" I think) which emits "Sieg Heil" in certain conditions.

Does s86 of StBG actually apply to software?
Why isn't comedy exempt under paragraphs 4 or indeed basic human rights?
Why isn't a simple non-political program use exempt under paragraph 3?

Joey Hess is refusing to do anything about it. Please advise.

This refusal is not on the bug report. Can you verify this?

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Will HLF fund tree-killings? http://www.thewalks.co.uk/