Re: Is javacc DFSG compliant?

Ken Arromdee <arromdee@rahul.net> writes:

>> >  If not, why is
>> > "you must acknowledge <something that might put you at a disadvantage in
>> > court>" free?
>> Presumably because acknowledging the truth of something that is true
>> is no burden.
>
> If acknowledging the truth was no burden, then that clause wouldn't even be
> there.  Sun put it in because a user who acknowledges the truth in that
> fashion is burdened compared to a user who does not.

You're leaving out a case.  I see that the user is exactly as burdened
as before, but Sun's burden is lifted.  The user was already going to
be pilloried by the DOE for using Java to run a nuke.  The only
question is whether he can shift his burden to Sun.  Sun's doing
something to make that harder, and not requiring anything but
acknowledgement of true facts from the user to do it.

-Brian