Re: Free Art License

Kai Blin wrote:
> * Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it> [12/09/04, 11:42:42]:
>>Switching from the GPL to a GPL-incompatible license would probably
>>cause major problems to any other GPL-compatible work that would like to
>>reuse your work (in any way that creates a derivative work).
>>Creating barriers across the free software world is not a good practice
>>-- at least, not one I would recommend...
>
> I totally agree here, but for problems I'll address later GPL doesn't
> really cut it for artwork, at least a lot of people I'm talking to think
> so.

Depending on the issue you have with the GPL, you might consider it
acceptable to dual-license your work under both the GPL and the Free Art
License (or any other license you want).  If you do so, then your work
will always be Free Software and DFSG-Free, even if the Free Art License
or any other license you pick turns out not to be.  This would also
allow GPLed works derived from your work, which the Free Art License
alone would not.

- Josh Triplett