Re: NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1 release going into sarge.

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 10:54:42PM +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:
> I don't think QPL#3b requires the other licenses to carry an attached
> additional restriction such as "must be additionally available under the
> terms of the QPL". The recipients of the differently licensed version
> have the rights granted by that different license, nothing more, nothing
> less.

I don't see how "provided" could mean anything else, in "provided such
versions remain available under these terms in addition to ...".

If you, the initial author, release the work under the BSD license in addition
to the QPL, and I then take the code, modify it and place my modifications
under the GPL, then the Software is no longer available under these [QPL]
terms.  This "provided" has been violated.  I'm not allowed to do that,
and you (the initial author) don't have permission to give me permission
to do so--the above "provided" explicitly denies you that.

Where am I wrong?

--
Glenn Maynard