Re: ocaml, QPL and the DFSG : QPL 3b argumentation.

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

>> "You must include appropriate and accurate copyright notices on each
>> source file, and in a reasonable and appropriate place in any binary
>> file."
>
> Not clear enough. A quick reader would read that you can replace the copyright
> notice by another. Also, QPL 3 deals with source modification and
> distribution as patches, not binaries.

Well, you can -- as long as it's appropriate and accurate.  If I take
Linux and write "Copyright (c) 1902 Brian Sniffen" on it, that's not
appropriate or accurate, is it?

And if you don't want to deal with binaries there, then rip that
clause off and just say:

"You must include an appropriate, accurate, and complete copyright
notice on each source file."

-Brian