Re: ocaml, QPL and the DFSG : QPL 3b argumentation.

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

>> The plain reading says you may not alter or remove copyright
>> notices.  That means, as far as I can tell, that you can not alter
>> or remove such notices without breaking the license.  If it was
>> supposed to mean something else, surely they would have written
>> something else.
>
> So why didn't they ?

What?  Why are you asking *me* this?  You're the one claiming to have
knowledge of what was really meant by the license, if it's read at a
proper angle through a lens of absinthe.

My assumption is that they wanted to ban certain modifications of
their work, and were more concerned about maximizing credit than
writing free software.

-Brian