Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 03:50:44PM -0400, Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> >> I'm claiming that the license should be read as saying what it plainly
> >> says, and that other implied conditions should not be read into it.
> >> I'm perfectly willing to believe such implied conditions should be
> >> read -- but I want to see evidence of such.  The claim that it's
> >> common sense, when that position appears uniquely yours, is unpersuasive.
> >
> > Please read and reponsd to the other thread i started. I asked for legal
> > advice, even if not specialized one, on this subject, and the reply i got
> > confirmed my intuition. Now, it is your turn to find legal evidence to
> > contradict it.
>
> Yes, you say you got legal advice.  But you don't say what it was!
> Not even over there.  The specifics of that advice make it useless.
> Was it just for your jurisdiction?  Well, choice-of-law makes that
> OK.

Well, in any case, it is ways better than what you are providing. So, i expect
you to shut up about this, or provide the same kind of weight behind your
words. I will not accept anymore wild speculation from your part that is
contrary to common sense, my own intuition, and my legal counsel.

> Even so, how does the unenforceability of a license justify ignoring
> the wishes of the author?

It does not, but that hardly make it non-free.

Friendly,

Sven Luther