Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 09:25:57PM -0400, Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:
>> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

>> > Well, this is common sense, so i guess it would be upto you to prove the
>> > contrary. But don't fear i will be getting legal advice this afternoon,
>> > altough not IP specific one, and i will tell you what comes of it.
>>
>> I'm claiming that the license should be read as saying what it plainly
>> says, and that other implied conditions should not be read into it.
>> I'm perfectly willing to believe such implied conditions should be
>> read -- but I want to see evidence of such.  The claim that it's
>> common sense, when that position appears uniquely yours, is unpersuasive.
>
> Please read and reponsd to the other thread i started. I asked for legal
> advice, even if not specialized one, on this subject, and the reply i got
> confirmed my intuition. Now, it is your turn to find legal evidence to
> contradict it.

Yes, you say you got legal advice.  But you don't say what it was!
Not even over there.  The specifics of that advice make it useless.
Was it just for your jurisdiction?  Well, choice-of-law makes that
OK.

Even so, how does the unenforceability of a license justify ignoring
the wishes of the author?

-Brian