Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Josh Triplett wrote:
> a more carefully written requirement that source must be distributed
> and freedoms given to the *users* of a piece of software still seems
> reasonable to me.

I want to think it is reasonable as well, but I haven't yet been able
to articulate a method of doing this that is not onerous and
needlessly restricts where a work can be used.

So, in theory, I think I agree, but I have yet to find a real live
license clause that was sanely worded that actually did this without
restricting things that make the license non free.

All the attempts that I've seen (and made myself) so far have had
rather serious problems.

Don Armstrong

--
Q: What Can a Thoughtful Man Hope for Mankind on Earth, Given the
Experience of the Past Million Years?

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu