Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:

(DFSG 4 against everything else)

>As for consistency, I believe it's DFSG#4 that's inconsistent with the rest
>of the DFSG, not our interpretation of the rest.  (We probably disagree here.)

On the other hand, I see DFSG#4 as indicating that we're willing to
accept certain sacrifices in functionality or freedom in order to
increase the amount of software we can ship. There is, obviously, a
line - it wouldn't be acceptable to allow some amount of leeway in one
point of the DFSG is this resulted in a reduction in the freedoms we
guarantee elsewhere.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org