Re: Visualboy Advance question.

Francesco Poli wrote:

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 14:00:47 -0400 Glenn Maynard wrote:

I think there's a fairly significant difference between an emulator
that will load and display an "insert ROM" image (eg. NES, SNES), and
one that requires a specific non-free image in order to be able to do
anything at all (eg. PSX BIOS images).

The first is analogous to requiring media; you see what the console
displays if a cartridge isn't inserted.  The second is the same as
requiring a non-free library for which there is no free replacement. (I'm not aware of any free replacement PSX BIOSes.)

Agreed, fully.

I'd agree with that, too. Very succintly put.

~ESP