Re: Visualboy Advance question.

Branden Robinson wrote:

I know it may be a fine point, but I'd contrast that with an emulator
that is free and self-sufficient, but for which there is no DFSG-free
software to run.

A *lot* of old home computer emulators won't be self-sufficient without the
ROM, because the environments were so constrained that ROM-based service
routines were very heavily used.

That's interesting and true. But "a lot" is not "all". I think in the case under discussion, an OS system ROM isn't necessary to run the software. You just need particular game ROMs.

~ESP