Re: Visualboy Advance question.

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 17:09, Benjamin Cutler wrote:

> > Please, could someone explain me why visualboyadvance package is in
> > 'contrib' section of Debian? It's free itself, it depends on free libs,
> > looks like it doesn't require any non-free stuff at all. There's also
> > free (as in freedom) roms for GBA in the net.
>
> The same reason fceu was in contrib until 'efp' was packaged, because
> the requires at least one piece of software that's not in Debian in
> order to be useful.

That doesn't make sense to me. An image viewer isn't useful without
images, an interpreter isn't useful without scripts, nor is a library
useful without some program that links to it.

But we don't keep those kinds of packages out of main just because there
aren't images, scripts, nor linking programs in main.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan@debian.org>