Re: ipw2100 firmware distributable?

Scripsit "Mahesh T. Pai" <paivakil@vsnl.net>

> Here is the text:-

> CONFIDENTIALITY. If you wish to have a third party consultant or
> subcontractor ("Contractor") perform work on your behalf which
> involves access to or use of Software,

That would seem to include our mirror network...

> Except as expressly provided herein, you shall not disclose the
> terms or existence of this Agreement or use Intel's name in any
> publications, advertisements, or other announcements without Intel's
> prior written consent.

And we cannot do this; packages.debian.org serves the copyright file
to anyone who cares to request it.

> Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, each
> party agrees that it will not export, re-export, transfer or divert
> any of the Software or the direct programs thereof to any restricted
> place or party in accordance with U.S. export regulations.

Can Debian promise to do this? I think not.

--
Henning Makholm              "Y'know, I don't want to seem like one of those
                         hackneyed Jews that you see in heartwarming movies.