Re: DFSG#10 [was: Re: Draft Debian-legal summary of the LGPL]

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 06:46:37PM -0400, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> That has already been discussed at length in this thread, so I have to
> assume that you're either not actually reading the thread, or that you're
> deliberately wasting my time.

You have proposed "these licenses always pass, regardless of the above".

Are you claiming that they're an example of something other than something
satisfying the guidelines?

If not, you've not shown how this is a plausible interpretation of
"example licenses".

If you are, if we consider licenses to be free regardless of DFSG 1-9,
that weakens the importance of the guidelines, suggesting that strict
interpretation is a bad idea.

--
Raul