Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

Scripsit Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org>

> The issue isn't simply replying to old messages; it's that the list
> received a burst of 27 (!) messages in a row (many of which were to old
> messages).

What he said.

I've taken to ignoring the long strings of "From: Nathanael Nerode" I
find in my debian-foo windows. The small samplings I do before
skipping over the rest show that these replies-to-old-messages
rarely add anything that has not been covered in the thread following
the message he replies to.

There's nothing wrong with the individual messages, but if he managed
to limit himself to points that had not already been made repeatedly,
the probability of somebody reading the output would increase.

--
Henning Makholm           "Larry wants to replicate all the time ... ah, no,
                   all I meant was that he likes to have a bang everywhere."