Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 11:10:26AM -0400, Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:
> In the past, Glenn, you've similarly objected to me replying to a
> message more than a few days old.  I felt that those messages
> contributed to the conversation, and I think Nathaniel's contribute to
> the conversation -- certainly, I've read them and replied to those
> which I thought needed it.

The issue isn't simply replying to old messages; it's that the list
received a burst of 27 (!) messages in a row (many of which were to old
messages).  I don't know if it was actually a spooling problem or just
sudden and extreme excess posting (but judging by header dates, I suspect
the latter).

--
Glenn Maynard