Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org> writes:

> On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 05:13:41PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
>> volumes
>
> Are you having a spooling problem?  Eighteen (and counting?) mails just
> arrived in rapid succession, mostly to messages that are several days old.
>
> If you're really churning out mails this fast, I'd strongly ask you to
> stop.  Joining a conversation late and replying to every post in the
> thread does not further the discussion; it's just mail flood.  Sum up
> your replies in one or two larger posts, especially considering you're
> mostly replying to the same person.  Mailbombs aren't helpful.

In the past, Glenn, you've similarly objected to me replying to a
message more than a few days old.  I felt that those messages
contributed to the conversation, and I think Nathaniel's contribute to
the conversation -- certainly, I've read them and replied to those
which I thought needed it.

-Brian