Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

Raul Miller wrote:

> On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 03:25:16AM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
>> No. If I create any variation of the context, then the statement
>> immediately stops being true when placed in the variated context.
> Except that you can easily create varied contexts where the
> statement is true.

No, you can't.  Go ahead and try it.

Call this a problem with the statements rather than a problem with the
license; it's still a problem.

>> > Here's another example of how this sentence that bothers you so much
>> > can be made to be true: send the FSF $1 dollar for their permission to
>> > print the book.
>> No. That would have nothing to do with the factual correctness of the
>> claim that the FSF publishes copies.
> That also has several solutions -- become a part of the FSF,
Not always an option, and it doesn't actually mean that the FSF publishes

> or provide
> a disclaimer describing the issue.
Would have to go on the cover, and the original statement would still be

> That said, is this statement one that's in use on any books provided
> by the FSF?
Yes.  I gave the GCC example earlier.  :-)