Re: Prefered License for forums content

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/debian-legal-200403/msg00267.html

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/debian-legal-200404/msg00031.html

> "When any Licensor asks, all references to their name(s) must be purged
>    from the work.  This restricts modification (DFSG 3)."
>
> This is an unalienable moral right in most of Europe.

No, it isn't.  Or, anyway, I sure as hell hope not.

Let me state this simply and clearly.

If I state in my work, which is a derivative of RMS's, "I disagree with RMS
about XXXX", or "RMS founded the FSF", where does he get off demanding that
I remove his name?

> If this is DFSG
> non-free, then Debian has a serious problem, because then is it
> logically impossible to have a license that is compatible with the DFSG
> and European Law at the same time.
>

>> The by-sa license is likely to be non-free as well for the same
>> reasons.
> If people think that, we don't they express their opinion about it on
> the relevant mailinglist, namely cc-licenses@lists.ibiblio.org?
I thought that was an alias to /dev/null, for all the responses I got from
the request to change the HTML pages so that it was clear that the
trademark stuff wasn't part of the license.