CCPL-by

Hello everybody,
I would like to know your opinion about the Creative Commons
Attribution License 1.0:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/1.0/legalcode

I searched the -legal archives, but I was not able to find a clear
statement about this license...

Is there any consensus about its DFSG compliance? Is it DFSG-free?

Is it GNU-GPL compatible?

My main concerns are:

] You may not distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or
] publicly digitally perform the Work with any technological measures
] that control access or use of the Work in a manner inconsistent with
] the terms of this License Agreement.

(that seems to me a bit like the unhappy anti-DRM clause of the GFDL...)

and:

] If you distribute, [...] the Work or any Derivative Works or
] Collective Works, You must [...] give the Original Author credit
] reasonable to the medium or means You are utilizing by conveying the
] name (or pseudonym if applicable) of the Original Author if supplied;
] the title of the Work if supplied; in the case of a Derivative Work, a
] credit identifying the use of the Work in the Derivative Work (e.g.,
] "French translation of the Work by Original Author," or "Screenplay
] based on original Work by Original Author"). Such credit may be
] implemented in any reasonable manner; provided, however, that in the
] case of a Derivative Work or Collective Work, at a minimum such credit
] will appear where any other comparable authorship credit appears and
] in a manner at least as prominent as such other comparable authorship
] credit.

(it seems that credit must be given with many data --not only with the
name of the original work copyright holder--)

Thanks for the great job in keeping Debian a 100% free software distro!

--
             |  GnuPG Key ID = DD6DFCF4 | You're compiling a program
  Francesco  |        Key fingerprint = | and, all of a sudden, boom!
     Poli    | C979 F34B 27CE 5CD8 DC12 |         -- from APT HOWTO,