Re: Problematic Software Licenses

Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> writes:

> Scripsit Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org>
>> On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 08:03:29PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
>
>> > Ooh, sneaky. It starts in the middle of a line!
>
>> FWIW, The two licenses were in two different MIME attachments.  Mutt shows
>> this inline.  Is your mailer playing tricks on you?
>
> Hopefully my mailer isn't involved, but gnus seems to be playing
> tricks on me. It *removes* MIME markup, concatenates the result, and
> does its best to hide from the user that the markup has ever been
> there.

It depends on how the MIME attachment is done.  Sometimes it is
correct to display all the parts concatenated, e.g. if the message was
split because more than one character set was required.  If you
suspect there is MIME involved you can always use "K b" to add the
usual tags for each MIME part.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@kth.se