Re: The QPL licence

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 05:05:26PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> (However, in other cases we have ruled that some clause is not
> non-free only because it is not enforceable, so perhaps our general
> position is not very clear).

I'm not generally comfortable with that approach.  For one thing, the
license terms explain what the author wants; saying "it's free because
it's not enforcable" implies ignoring the author's wishes.  For another,
it's probably hard to say that it's not enforable in all jurisdictions.

I do seem to recall this, but I can't place it.  Does anyone remember a
license which was considered free, and had non-free but unenforcable
clauses?

--
Glenn Maynard