Re: Online demonstration support against Software Patents?

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 12:34:09AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> >Last september many websites participated in a web strike against
> >software patents. [...]
>
> Last September some web sites were offline (sorry, "on strike") for
> weeks, making free software supporters waste time looking for
> alternative sources.

As I recall, lots of them said "on strike", with an obscure ("but click
here for the webpage") link.  It was a stupid idea, since lots of people
(myself included) often missed the link and figured the page was simply
offline.

--
Glenn Maynard