Re: GPL and scripting languages (here: python2.3-psycopg)

Il mer, 2004-04-07 alle 18:25, W. Borgert ha scritto:
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 04:26:51PM +0200, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> > Maybe I'll just license psycopg 2 under LGPL (but what I wanted to avoid
> > using the GPL is people using psycopg code to write proprietary drivers
> > and with LGPL they can do that!)
>
> Maybe you could change the license to GPL+"special
> exception", where "special exception" is some statement,
> that it is always allowed to use the psycopg API for
> whatever software with whatever license.  I remember that
> many code generators such as bison and snacc do allow that
> the generated code can be used for everything, GPL or not.

the README already states (or maybe I said that on the ML and never
added?) that psycopg can be used in proprietary products that use the
standard python calls but can't be linked/loaded into a proprierary
python or into a proprietary C python module. just don't know if that
exception is GPL-compatible. :(

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         http://people.initd.org/fog
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog@debian.org