Re: Debian-installer, older hardware, boot loaders, miboot & amiboot & ..

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 08:22:02PM -0500, Walter Landry wrote:
> The spec has been reverse engineered.  The code is then created from
> the spec.  That seems to break the copyright link enough.  It
> certainly seemed to work for Compaq when they reverse engineered the
> PC bios.

I'm drifting off-topic a bit, but I thought it was Phoenix who did it,
who were then acquired by Compaq.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Never attribute to malice that
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     which can be adequately explained