Re: Debian-installer, older hardware, boot loaders, miboot & amiboot & ..

Scripsit Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>

> There's absolutely no point even implying that we need their permission
> to reverse engineer anything,

If we are going to distribute code that has been derived by reverse
engineering, then we do need permission from the original copyright
holder. It's not the "reverse engineering" that needs permission; it's
the "distribute derived code".

--
Henning Makholm       "`Update' isn't a bad word; in the right setting it is
                 useful. In the wrong setting, though, it is destructive..."