Re: MPlayer reloaded

FYI: No need to CC me, I'm subscribed.

Branden Robinson writes:
 > On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 05:03:09AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
 > > I am Diego Biurrun, the MPlayer documentation maintainer, not to be
 > > confused with Gabucino, who has made a few appearances on this list
 > > before.  I am not here to start a(nother) flame war.
 >
 > Thanks for your careful and comprehensive approach to resolving these
 > issues.  A codebase with source from many contributors using many
 > different licenses is seldom trivial to cope with.
 >
 > At least, that's how I feel having wrestled with XFree86.  :)

Amen.

 > So thanks again, and I hope your work leads to a productive thread and a
 > better definition of the MPlayer licensing problem space, if not an
 > upload of mplayer to Debian main -- wouldn't that be nice!  I'm
 > interested in trying it out myself.

I hope that as well.

If you want to try it out yourself, just get a source tarball and fire
up your gcc ;-)

No, seriously, the tarball supports being compiled into a .deb package
and supports many features (css, etc) that will most probably not make
it into Debian, even if MPlayer should.

So just read the README and give it a try.  Don't hesitate to ask me
for help if you hit any problems.

Regards

Diego