Re: If DFSG apply to non-software, is GPL*L* incompatible with DFSG?

* Joe Llywelyn Griffith Blakesley (dark1@myrealbox.com) [040228 16:10]:
> The GPL &c are allowed to be copied only in full without any modifications.

Legally spoken, if some code is under whatever license, then nothing
of the license is removable by anyone except the copyright holder. In
the special case of the GPL, furthermore, nothing is addable due to
clause 6 of the GPL:
| You may not impose any further
| restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein.

So, in practice, the GPL is not modificable. So, there is no
difference if the GPL-L-clause would not be there (as we would also be
force to delivere the exact copy of the GPL). And a difference that
makes no difference is no difference (courtesy to Spock).

So, this is ok.

Cheers,
Andi
--