Re: Help with SPIN License

Scripsit Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org>

> > 12.0  MISCELLANEOUS.  This Agreement sets forth the entire agreement
> > and understanding between the pa rties as to the subject matter hereof
> > and merges all prior discussions between them.  This Agreement shall be
> > governed by the laws of the State of New York, USA, excluding its
> > conflict
> > of law provision s.

> I think there have been objections to choice of law provisions on this
> list.

I never think we actually settled that question into a consensus that
choice-of-law provisions are or are not free. Personally I'd say that
a choice-of-law clause is OK unless we know that the law in the
specified jurisdiction will interpret the license in a non-free way.

Choice-of-VENUE provisions are a different matter. They can be evil.

--
Henning Makholm                      "Underlige Ugle vågner midt om natten."