Additional restriction to LGPL

Hi all,

I'd like to package hawhaw (a php/wml library), but the licencing page
strikes me as odd. Here's the relevant extract from
http://www.hawhaw.de/main.htm#license :

==========
HAWHAW PHP class library (hawhaw.inc)
The HAWHAW PHP class library is free software; you can redistribute it
and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public
License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

If you modify this library, you have to make sure that the "powered by
HAWHAW" copyright link below the display area is kept unchanged.

See the GNU Library General Public License for more details.
==========

I queried the author about the including copywrite line, and got this
response:

> IMHO this additional statement is covered by this sentence in the LGPL
> (chapter 6, 2nd paragraph):
>
> ----------------
> You must give prominent notice with each copy of the work that the
> Library is used in it and that the Library and its use are covered by
> this License.
> http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lgpl.html

Any ideas if this is allowed or not?

Cheers,