Re: Advice on Drip (ITP #156287)

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003, Robert Millan wrote:
> >    Uh? I suggest you have a more precise look at the Drip source code
> > and see how exactly it uses libdvdcss. My understanding is that it does
> > not at all: it only uses libdvdread.
>
> No, autoconf checks for libdvdcss and if found Drip is linked against it:

   Then, as I said, I suggest you have a more precise look at the Drip
source code and see how exactly it uses libdvdcss. My understanding is
that it does not at all. (I hope I got the wording right this time)

> $ ldd /usr/bin/drip | grep libdvdcss
>         libdvdcss.so.2 => /usr/lib/libdvdcss.so.2 (0x4019a000)

   Linking drip with libdvdcss is utterly useless since drip does not
use any libdvdcss function.

> My understanding is that Drip being linked against libdvdcss is illegal
> in the USA, so a solution could be to put it in non-us.

   Grmbl, please read carefully my first message in this thread. Drip
has nothing to do with libdvdcss, only libdvdread uses libdvdcss.

--
Sam.