Re: Unable to contact author of DFSG FAQ

In message <[🔎] 20030724005830.GJ705@donarmstrong.com>
on Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 05:58:31PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> Barak Pearlmutter <...@cs.may.ie> is the primarily author of the
> DFSG Faq, as listed at the end of the FAQ.

Yes, however mail to that address was bouncing. Apparently it was a
transient problem and correspondence has now taken place.

> > I believe there to be some incorrect statements on that page
>
> Could you please elaborate?

My points specifically related to the mis-representation of BSD-style
licences and also a statement about copyright. I have relayed my
comments and a suggested patch to Barak.

> > Please send or CC any replies directly to me, as I am not subscribed
> > to the debian-legal list. Sorry for the intrusion.
>
> In the future, setting your Mail-Followup-To: is the right way to tell
> people to Cc: you. I've adjusted it accordingly.

You're right -- it's been so long since I sent to a list that I didn't
subscribe to that I'd forgotten about that non-RFC header (which I used
to use a lot)!