Re: Defining 'preferred form for making modifications'

"Brian T. Sniffen" <bts@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> Nonsense.  I edit multiple images into a single image all the time, but
> rarely save an XCF file: multiple layers live in the image-editor's
> memory, but never hit the disk.  There is no persistent form which
> represents "source" any more than there is for a wood carving or a
> painting.

There is, but you delete them.

This is exactly parallel to writing Scheme code in an online Scheme
system, but never saving it, and then at the end, writing out a
standalone executable, quitting, and destroying the source.

The fact that it may be common practice to destroy the source in image
editors is lamentable, but doesn't change the relationship of the
parts.