Re: GFDL

On Sat 04 Oct Fedor Zuev wrote:
> 	The same (see above) point is not correct for political
> speech.  Unlimitedly modifiable political speech is _not_ a normal
> mode of operation and never was. So, when you demand DFSG-compliant
> (free-censorable)  political texts, you not help to recover the
> effective and honest mode of operation, but create purely fictional
> requirement, which is not justified by any actual need, and is not
> backed by any actual practice.

Free political speech was normal for the vast majority of human history.
You think Plato copyrighted his work?  Copyright is a modern invention,
however you work it.

This, of course, is completely beside the point.  The idea that
something is good because it's old is exactly as fallacious as the idea
that something is good because it's new.

doug.

--
6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC  609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
"If you are the type of person who likes assault weapons, there