Re: GFDL

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 12:06:27AM +0900, Fedor Zuev wrote:
> > Some might also miss the 'anarchism' package, which is also free
> > (and unlike the Bible and miscfiles, is modern, copyrighted, changes
> > often, expresses very definitely a political opinion, and is
> > released entirely under the GNU GPL).
> 	Not exactly. Anarchism FAQ is not a political statement, but
> heavily technical manual about anarchist theory.

Many people I know who reject this theory as a whole prefer to see
Anarchism FAQ as a political statement: this makes it more convenient to
reject it without arguing about its details.

> Its purpose is not to reflect opinion of any human or group of humans
> (AFAIK, there in no human in Universe who will approve _all_
> statements in this FAQ),

And not so many human beings who have _read_ all of its statements ;-)

> but education and reference about one of social theories.

It is my _opinion_ ;) that in social theories, even more than in other
humanitarian disciplines, it is impossible to draw the line between
educating and reflecting opinion. And there are many people who
positively refuse to draw that line, which is also an important factor
when speaking in _social_ context.

--
Dmitry Borodaenko