Re: snippets

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to put words in your mouth.  I thought
that was what you were saying.

> You seem to be proposing that we deliberately close our eyes to DFSG
> problems we may encounter, as long as the problem encountered is
> "small".

That is not my position!  As I hope you would know.  I would never
close my eyes to a DFSG problem.  All our software must be free:
modifiable etc.  That is a given.

The items under discussion are not "software" in the usual sense of
the term.  They're little bits of history and such, like the imaginary
sister-cancer-email README file or /usr/share/emacs/21.2/etc/WHY-FREE.

Unlike a Changelog they are not helpful for understanding the source
code itself, ie not documentary.  However we do allow grow-only
Changelogs (even though I don't much approve of the idea, as I doubt
many of us do), so you might find some similarity there.  You might
think of snippets a little like that.  Those grow-only Changelogs are
generally removable, although I'm not sure if we actually require
that.  But the snippets under discussion here are always removable.